Rehoboth Beach is a welcoming, friendly community. One mile square, the seaside town has all of the modern amenities. It is a place where people can stroll down tree-lined streets, neighbors know one another, children play outside and a diverse community comes together to preserve the city's charm and unique character. Below you'll find the many attractions that Rehoboth has to offer you.
Walk along the boardwalk, shop and dine on the Avenue or just enjoy the surf and sand in Rehoboth Beach. For decades, families have made Rehoboth Beach their favorite family summer vacation spot! Search through online restaurant and attraction listings to find out why Rehoboth Beach is a premier family-friendly East Coast beach destination.
Soak in the sun
Rehoboth Beach is an award-winning, five-star beach with plenty of room for sun bathing, building sand castles and surfing the waves, as well as, dolphin watching, pontoon boat excursions and areas for early morning or sunset runs along the coastline. Access to the beach is free of charge so, pack up the beach blanket and sunscreen and hit the sand!
Beyond the sand
For the kids, there's miniature golf, arcades and Funland , with amusement rides dating back 50 years making its attractions a rite of passage for many travelers. Or bumper boats, water slides, a lazy river and much more at Jungle Jim's .
For the adults, there's tax-free shopping galore in Rehoboth Beach! Shoppers can stroll through charming downtown boutiques or grab a shuttle to the Tanger Outlets , known as the mile of style. Or pamper yourself with a massage at a local day spa paired with a romantic dinner for two! Travelers in Rehoboth can also enjoy nightlife hot spots with signature mixed drinks and of course, everyone can enjoy the guilty pleasures of ice cream, fudge, salt water taffy and boardwalk fires (with vinegar)! Top favorites include: The Ice Cream Store, Kohr's, Candy Kitchen, Snyder's Candy, Thrasher's..the list could go on!
Beach-goers can experience live music and entertainment at the Rehoboth Beach Bandstand and Clear Space Theatre Company seasonal and year-round shows . Or join the fun at local festivals such as the Rehoboth Beach Sandcastle Contest, the Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival and the Sea Witch Halloween & Fiddler's Festival.
Grab a slice from the legendary Grotto Pizza , dig into a famous cheesesteak from Louie's Pizza , or try saltwater taffy and caramel corn at the iconic Dolle's boardwalk storefront. There is no such thing as counting calories with all of the delicious dining options in Rehoboth Beach. From upscale eateries to fresh seafood delicacies, Rehoboth Beach is a foodie paradise !
The Rehoboth Beach Police Department welcomes you to our fine resort area. It is our sincere desire that you enjoy a very pleasant vacation. Our local ordinances are listed below. Please follow them.
- We consider it a health and safety measure to close the beach during late hours. Persons shall not be on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No changing clothes in comfort stations on the boardwalk, under the boardwalk or in vehicles while parked on any public streets.
- No sleeping on the beach between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- No sleeping in cars on any street within the City, on or under the boardwalk or on benches.
- Age required by Delaware law to enter bars, etc. is 21 years.
- No drinking or open containers of alcoholic beverages on beach, boardwalk or public streets within the City limits.
- No open fire on the beach.
- Dogs - It is illegal for dogs to run at large at any time. The City has both a leash law and a pooper scooper law which are enforced. Dogs are prohibited from the beach and boardwalk from May 1 through September 30.
- Bikes are allowed on the boardwalk during the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. from May 15th through September 15th. Adult bike riders are not permitted on the sidewalks at any time. Children, under 12, please check with police for regulations.
Beach wheels are available 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day through Labor Day. They are located at Maryland Avenue and the Boardwalk, and Laurel Street and the Boardwalk. They are located on the beach and cannot be removed from the beach. First come, first serve basis, with no rental fee.
- No vehicles on boardwalk or beach.
- Skateboarding – Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and bandstand year round and on the sidewalks and streets at all hours from May 15 through September 15.
- Roller skates and roller blades - No person shall roller skate or roller blade on the bandstand, boardwalk or Rehoboth Avenue.
- Parking Meters – Parking meters are in effect from the Friday immediately preceding Memorial Day until and including the second Sunday following Labor Day, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. prevailing time until 12:00 a.m. midnight, prevailing time of each day and shall apply to all parking meter zones established within the City. All thirty-minute parking meter zones shall remain posted and shall be in effect for the entire year.
Coastal Kayak36840 Coastal Highway
Fenwick Island, Delaware19944 302-539-7999
Dewey Beach Parasail37232 Lighthouse Road Suite 473
West Fenwick, Delaware
Delaware Center for the Inland Bays39375 Inlet Road
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware19971 302-226-8105
Funland AmusementsBoardwalk & Delaware Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE19971 302-227-1921
Jungle Jim's Inc.36944 Country Club Road
Rehoboth Beach, DE19971 302-227-8444
Kalmar Nyckel Foundation1124 E. Seventh Street
Midway Speedway18645 Coastal Highway
Rehoboth Beach, DE19971 302-644-2042
Pirates of Lewes Expeditions7 Croydon Road
Rehoboth Beach, DE19971 302-249-3538
Delmarva Shorebirds6400 Hobbs Road
Salisbury, MD21804 410-219-3112
Tangier Island Cruises1001 W Main Street
Crisfield, MD21817 410-968-2338
QUEST Fitness & Kayak17252 N. Village Main Blvd. Suites 14-16
Shell We Bounce20699 Coastal Highway
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Delaware Paddlesports18068 Coastal Highway
Delmarva Board Sports19470 Coastal Highway Unit 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
F&M Sand ArtP. O. Box 1158
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Indian River WatersportsSouth Shore Marina Road 50A
Bethany Beach, Delaware